Senior Data Analyst
Position Type: Full-Time;
Location: Sausalito, CA
Salary: $90k per year; DOE
expertise in analyzing, understanding and drawing conclusions from data using
statistical tools like Excel. Proven ability to deliver as an individual
contributor and as a strategist.
The Company is well-funded
with backing from Benchmark Capital and Sutter Hill Ventures, both top-tier
venture capital firms. The Company has already been featured in CNN, the Wall
Street Journal, the New York Times and many more publications. We're located in
sunny Sausalito, California,
with easy access from San Francisco, the East Bay,
and the peninsula.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Data Analyst to be the
cornerstone of our analytics team. We are looking for someone who will live,
eat and breathe the Company’s user generated content every day, someone who can
analyze and understand the data inside and out, who will take data quality
personally, who will maintain and protect the data, and who will effectively
communicate what the data means or shows to the business process owners.
Critical reasoning and numerical ability are required. We need an analytical
rock star that wants to own and be responsible for the data.
You need to be a driven and creative individual who enjoys collaborative
problem solving in a small team environment. You will work cross functionally
to support all business process owners to define data requirements and
implement solutions to maximize efficiency and productivity. You will provide
expertise and support in all aspects of data and content analysis and related
services. You will own the processes for validating, updating and modeling
data. You will acquire and associate information with existing database
infrastructure as needed. You will analyze and present data and make
recommendations for development, decision making and business purposes. You
will own the full life cycle for data service projects from data analysis to solution
development to execution. You will manage the transparency of and documentation
for all Data Services Team initiatives.
* Analyze the Company’s compensation surveys to determine and maintain pay
levels for a job by industry, company size, and geography.
* Manage taxonomy of employers, job titles, industries and sectors, regularly
modifying it to support the needs of our users.
* Track changes and trends in ratings and compensations market across
companies, industries, sectors and job families.
* Protect and ensure data quality and integrity.
* Coordinate a team of individuals responsible for reviewing the Company’s
To Be An Ideal Candidate:
* You are an expert in
analyzing data using statistical tools like Microsoft Excel, SAS, and/or STATA.
* You have 5 years experience in data analysis or related field, prior
experience analyzing data related to pay and compensation is a plus.
* You can work as part of a team and on your own initiative, both as an
individual contributor and strategist.
* You have expert communication skills, verbal and written.
* You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, you can change direction
quickly, and you are eager to learn new skills as the need arises.
* You can service the various business teams and deliver on specific
* You can independently generate meaningful reports using IT / database
* You have strong working knowledge of relational database systems and design.
Skills / Experience:
* Expertise using SQL.
* Strong attention to detail, ability to audit one's own work, and ability to
* History of executing on high-performance and efficient data services and
* Experience designing data processes to improve operational efficiency.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, post-graduate or professional degrees